Monday, September 14, 2009

The Paper Route


Day 15..................of waking up at 5:00 am.

Is it selfish of me to sign my son up for a paper route so that I can get MY SLEEPY eyes out of bed?  Of course I haven't told him the ulterior motives involved.  He is thrilled to death to have his first REAL job making REAL money.  He has learned a life lesson too---he said to me on DAY 3, "Mom, I am less tired when I get up early than when I was sleeping in until 7:00."  So true.............We really don't need as much sleep as we sometimes think!

However, that doesn't make it EASY to wake up at 5:00 am, before the sun pokes his head up.  The alarm goes off, my body resists opening its eyes.  I sit up feeling so sleepy and get dressed because I have to.  These are the critical first five minutes.  This is the time when it is easy to just lay back down and go to sleep---but I can't now because of the PAPERS.  So I get through the hard part, and the rest of the day goes SO MUCH BETTER!  I have two more hours per day to do things---that is 14 more hours per week.  And these fourteen hours are QUIET, CHILDLESS hours.  As thankful as I am for my CHILD-FILLED hours, honesty must admit that I can accomplish triple the cleaning, the reading, the day-prepping in these quiet-filled hours.  It makes it so much easier to fit in the exercising, my scripture reading, my list-making, or just some time to ponder the day in quiet.


 So, it is working out.  My little son grown big gets to earn some money, and his mom gets to wake up every morning with him!  Day 15..............with A LOT of days ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment