Thursday, August 13, 2009

Can Moms re-model?

I like projects. And when you live in an older house, there is always a PROJECT to be done. You just have to love re-modeling. Actually, I do. Today was tiling the front entryway. How do I fit this into my day? Well, as you know---a mother's day is already full of many responsibilities. There is NEVER extra time. So, some responsibilites have to be dropped for the day........


Such as rag-a-muffin hairdos (at least she put on matching clothes!), and babies unheld sitting in the walker.........



Unattended photographers taking pictures of their brothers..........




Make your own lunch day, and leave the mess all over the counter.......




Leftover food still sitting on the table at the end of the day..........




But WE did it! (Me and my 6 assistants!) We tiled the front entryway. Moms can do anything. For some reason, it is not quite like this for dads!





1 comment:

  1. That looks beautiful!! And I am right there with you. I have a great picture of me replacing the toilet flange (the piece of iron that holds the toilet to the floor) with a child laying on my back/knee. I love it because it shows just how jobs get done: with a lot of "help."

    Can't we please be neighbors again?

    ReplyDelete